Sunday, October 25, 2015

Prep your way to weight loss success!

Every Saturday, I plan my meals for the week. I create a grocery list.  I hit the store armed with my grocery list. On my list, I have changes I'm willing to make (based on what may or may not be on sale). I gather my goods.  I head home, with all my yummy stuff and get ready to prep for my weekly success.

A lot of people I encounter tell me they don't have time to do this.  I disagree.  We are an on-the-go style family.  Weekends are generally spent doing the kids things or Get Thin With Jenn activities. We are busy during the week too.  Softball practice takes up our Wednesday night, as does my grad school class.  And basketball season, along with practices, is fast approaching. 

I also try to meet with clients at least twice a week and my team at least once.  I don't want to find myself going through the drive-thru grabbing a burger because I failed to plan my meals.  My attention to meal planning has paid off.  I haven't been really sick in over two years!  I've maintained my 60 pound weight loss for  4 years. And I'm at my healthiest now than I was before I discovered FFN.  I'm NOT going back to that sad, miserable, unhealthy place I was before I lost my weight. 

So as with any week, I've made my plan. I always try to keep it simple. Lunch for this week is a Swiss chard, kale & spinach salad topped with veggies and baked chicken & quinoa. 


Tomorrows is topped with guacamole. Not really sure what I will add to the others. 

How do you plan for success in meeting (or exceeding) your goals?!


No comments:

Post a Comment