Monday, October 20, 2014

Menu Monday rolls back around!

Whew!  I made it through a weekend trip to Eureka Springs without doing too much damage.  We had a wonderful weekend.  Our stay at 5 Ojo Inn was fabulous!  Jan & Richard are wonderful hosts and we are already planning our next trip.  They served up a great (not totally FFN friendly) breakfast, but we were able to not do too much damage to our wasitlines and even indulged a little!

Anyway, while we were in Eureka, we happened upon a few cool places--Fresh Harvest and The Spice Boat.  The Spice Boat had the most amazing spices, fresh from the docks and packaged without any additives.  We even bought some tea too.  Fresh Harvest was an Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar shop.  If you're in Eureka, you really should stop by!  They are worth the trip!

Even though we had a great weekend, I'm so glad to be back home where I can control what I am eating and how it's prepared.  This is our last week of softball and will end with a tournament over the weekend.  You got it...another "I can't plan for this completely" weekend.  And we have football on Friday night.  My crockpot will be getting a workout this week!

My menu this week will obviously include Shakes & Fruit for breakfast as usual.  For lunch, I have planned to have dinner leftovers or tuna using the Lime Infused EVOO we bought at Fresh Harvest. It is positively life changing stuff! (LOL) I'm planning some fish & chicken for our dinners...check out a few of the recipes I'm trying this week:

Seared Salmon with Cinnamon & Chili Powder

Baked Slow Cooker Chicken

Quinoa Pilaf (this is actually my favorite Quinoa recipe.  It's the first one I made that everyone LOVED)


Have a FFN Friendly week!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment