Sunday, September 11, 2016

Cooking With FFN

My family is super busy! We are on the go every day and evening. Except Monday. Monday is generally free. Because of our busy lifestyle, I'm always looking for ways to simplify our life. I'm so thankful for my friend Barbie! She plans out a week of healthy meals for me and let's me share the recipes with you! This week, I received four of her special crockpot meals. Today, we had  White Chicken Chili waiting on us when we got home from school. It smelled absolutely delicious! And the taste was AMAZING! 


White Chicken Chili
2 TBS olive oil
1 TBS corn starch
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can chopped green chili peppers, drained
2 cans white beans-low sodium, drained
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili powder
6-8 chicken tenders
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pepper
2 cups Chicken broth, low sodium  (Add to crock pot when cooking)

Place all ingredients except Chicken broth in freezer bag, toss to coat then freeze.

Write on bag: Add 2 cups chicken broth- low sodium to crock pot before cooking.

Cook in crockpot 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.   Once cooked remove tenders and shred then return to crock pot, stir and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment