Thursday, July 10, 2014

Road Tripping to National Convention

Dusty and I hit the road today for FirstFitness Nutrition's National Convention in Dallas. We loaded up the ice chest and my business bag with healthy snacks and a few products to get us through the trip, but we knew we would have to stop for lunch.

Staying on track when traveling is difficult regardless of how prepared you may be. I decided to hit the blog with our day to help hold me accountable and share with you how making good choices can be done while on the road!

We started out our day with breakfast at home. Both of us chose a Body FX shake and some cantaloupe. Being at home made it easy to stay on track. The challenge was once we hit the road and being surrounded by easy to make bad choices. 

Our mid-morning snack was had around 10 am. We both opted for Trimbolic, but I added an SPN energy to mine. This mixture has become part of my regular daily routine. I also chose to have some celery and a few cherry tomatoes. 

Around noon, we stopped off in Texarkana to get the Explorer washed and to grab some lunch at Subway. Subway always offers decent choices to help you stay on track when dining out. We eat there often when on the go. Dusty had the Oven Roasted Chicken Breast on whole wheat while I had a veggie chopped salad and another Body FX shake. No photo of lunch, but it was certainly nutritious & delicious. 

About 2:30 we made a stop to fuel up at a Pilot around Sulphur Springs, Texas. While Dusty fueled up the Explorer, I hit the restroom. Noticing on the way a few healthy-ish snacks that would make better options than the Cinnabon booth up front, I decided to make a photo collage. 
While these choices weren't really bad, I opted for the Ozarka bottle with the "orange stuff" inside. It's my other go-to snack-Trimbolic and SPN Rehydration. Dusty chose to have a fruit snack tray we had in the ice chest. But it's always awesome to know you can find good choices at a gas station!

Obviously, since we are road tripping to NatCon, I must share about it...right? We got all checked in to our room and unpacked only to find fancy stamped toilet paper in the fancy bathroom's "water closet"...

And then we headed down to check-in for convention! We ran into Rudina and Kacie down at check in and I convinced Rudina to take a photo of us!
Notice the V.I.P. on my "hang tag"? That means dinner with Nigel, President & Co-Founder of FirstFitness Nutrition, tonight! Super excited!!! 

Dinner was fabulous! Greatly enjoyed it! And my date was looking mighty handsome too!

We had dinner at Rafain's and oh my yummy! It was phenomenal!

So glad I made accommodations earlier in the day by drinking shakes so I could enjoy dinner this evening! We always have products in hand to help us meet our goals!

We are products of our products and use them daily! 

More to come tomorrow! As Steve would say-"To your success!"

No comments:

Post a Comment